Trying to reduce belly fat is a problem that tends to bother most people. Belly fat is the name given to the fat that the body stores around your waist. An excess amount of belly fat can have a negative effect on both your mental and physical well-being. Mental health issues can include depression and anxiety. Too much belly fat can lead to physical health problems such as high blood sugar, high blood pressure and heart disease. Therefore, it is important to reduce any excess belly fat from your body.
There are some simple fast fat burning exercises that you can do at home. These fast fat burning exercises are easy to do and require very little equipment, if any at all. Try to remember doing fast fat burning exercises is only half the battle. A healthy and balanced diet is also key to melting away any unwanted belly fat.
Walking is a very simple cardio exercise which can help you to burn belly fat and stay fit and active. Walking when used alongside with a healthy balanced diet will do wonders when trying to lose weight and burn belly fat. A walk for around 30 minutes at a fairly brisk pace will help to reduce the fat around your waist. Walking will have a positive effect on your metabolism and your heart rate.
You can increase the amount of calories that your body will burn by upping the intensity of the walk. This can be achieved in a couple of different ways.
- Increasing the pace of the walk
- Adding wrist and ankle weights to your body to increase resistance while walking.
- Plan your route to include more inclines or hills.
Even jogging or running can be very beneficial when it comes to burning fat. Walking is great as it doesn’t require any equipment to do this exercise. It is a beneficial exercise as it will also help to burn fat from other areas of the body. It can also benefit your mental health as it can be done socially. Nothing says that you have to workout alone unless you choose to.
Although this is a more traditional exercises it is still one of the most effective when it comes to burning belly fat. Crunches/sit ups always ranks as one of the most talked about fat burning exercises.
You can start by:
- Lay flat on your back with your knees bent and the bottoms of your feet flat to the floor.
- Lift your hands and place them behind your head. Or you can place them across your chest.
- Lift the top half of your body off of the ground using your abdominal muscles.
Remember to keep a check on your breathing pattern. This exercise will help in building and toning your abs as well as melting away belly fat. Don’t forget to keep your head support so you don’t strain your neck.
Vertical Leg Raises
Vertical leg raises are a great exercise for your lower abs and obliques. This exercise will help you to build stronger abs, increasing your core strength, toning your body and of course melting belly fat. Vertical leg raises will completely isolate the rectus abdominus muscle which will help when it comes to toning your stomach.
How to do this exercise:
- Lay flat on your back on the floor.
- Place your hands flat to the floor below your hips.
- Slowly raise your legs until they reach a 90 degree angle to the floor. Don’t forget to keep your legs straight.
- Pause for a couple of seconds.
- Lower your legs back to the floor while exhaling out.
Mountain climbers is a great exercise for enhancing core strength, cardio endurance and of course burning fat. During this exercise you will be working several different muscle groups all at once. It is almost like doing a total body workout with just this one exercise. As you perform this exercise, your shoulders, chest and arms do the work to stabilize your upper body. Your core will then stabilize the rest of your body.
Ho to do this exercise:
- Get your body into the plank position. Make sure you spread your body weight evenly between your hands and feet.
- Check that your form is correct. Your hands should be shouldered width appart. Your back should be flat and your core engaged with your head in alignment.
- Pull your right knee towards your chest as far as you can. Then move it back into the plank position.
- Switch legs. Now pull your left knee toward your chest and then back into the plank position.
- Don’t forget to keep your hips down and run your legs as fast as you can. Alternate your inhailing and ex hailing between each leg exchange.
These are some simple but effective fat burning exercises. Most of these can be done in the comfort of your own home. The can be adapted to virtually any fitness level from beginner to more advanced. Although they do not require any equipment, it can be introduced to increase the effectiveness of the exercise. Remember these exercises should be don in line with a healthy and balanced diet. This will increase the amount of fat you can burn.
Please feel free to leave a comment or ask any questions and I will be happy to help.